Solutions for all of your commercial and military packaging needs export or domestic.
We are a D.C.M.A. (Defense Contract Management Agency) approved facility (cage code #50192). We have provided superior quality and have an excellent track record of accurate and timely government packaging for over 40 years. This ensures that your government contracts are able to ship out to your customers promptly. All military packaging is performed with quality workmanship to the most recent specifications.
All crates are custom made of superior materials and quality craftsmanship. We are noted for our ability to respond quickly and creatively to our clients' needs. We are able to meet deadlines with our rapid turnaround and our superior customer relations. We use only APA rated plywood and high-grade lumber materials (rather than OSB, press board, or high-formaldehyde products that many competitors use due to lower costs). This ensures that your shipping containers do not contaminate your parts over long periods of storage or fluctuating storage conditions (ocean transport etc.).
Contact us today and let Whaling Packaging help you find a solution for your military or commercial packaging and crating requirements.
Our services include:
- Military Specification Packaging in accordance with 2073-1E
- Latest Bar-coding Labeling, Latest Markings in accordance with Mil Standard 129P
- 2D Barcoding and RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Labels
- Prepare your Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF) (old DD-250) material receiving reports (distributing and submitting to Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS))
- Feel free to contact us for Military Specification Contract Packaging Quoting on our Quote page or via e-mail.
- Bar code labels can be sold separately or are included with our packaging services.
- Government Bills of Lading services
- Small Packaging Express shipping
- Government packaging specialists on-site (certified WAWF preparation specialist)
- Custom Crates
- Custom Skids and Pallets
- Re-usable Crates
- On-site packaging and crating
- Military Standard Crates
- Blocking and Bracing Designs and Complex Saddle and Foam or Rubber Cushioning Designs
- Export Certified Crates conforming to APHIS, ALSC, EU standards, SWPM certified (aka "bug free stamp") and IITC/NHTNC. HT, PT and FT available.
- ARP (Alternative Release Procedure)
- APHIS (USDA Animal Plant Health Inspection Service),
- EU (European Union),
- SWPM (Solid Wood Packaging Manufacturers),
- IITC/NHTNC, HT (Heat Treatment),
- PT (Pressure Treatment),
- FT (Fumigated Treatment),
- ALSC (American Lumber Standards Committee)
Whaling Packaging offers a variety of different export packaging materials;
Plywood Boxes offer superior protection versus corrugated. Being made of wood allows the material to breathe limiting the concern of moisture during transport. Whaling Packaging’s plywood boxes are constructed of APA-rated plywood and HTKT quality grade lumber ensuring safety and security for your products to their final destination. These boxes are put through stringent testing from; drop tests, moisture absorption tests, compression tests and much more.
Corrugated Packaging is the most used packaging material in the industry due to its low cost. In many scenarios corrugated board is the most suitable and offers excellent product protection. This packaging material is very easy to customize and is extremely lightweight when compared to alternative packaging products. A real concern when it comes to corrugated boxes is whether or not your product or method of shipment and destination point will come into contact with moisture or rough handling.